Thursday, January 21, 2010

French Women Don't Get Fat - or Instructions in Life

I wish I could tell you that this is simply another fad launched by somebody interested in marketing the profits of a diet that would last a year or two- their fiteen minutes so to speak.

I would be lying though.

I forget where initially I heard of this book, it might have been online or in a magazine most likely as I don't have access to a TV.

French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano isn't here to make fun of American women. Nor to provide spreadsheets and color-coded methods of breaking down the chemical and biology of what is put in one's mouth. And it is put explicatively- this is not a diet book, and it will take months to start to see the true benefits of it. This is a book promoting long-term lifestyle, and it is the most enriching book I have read in a very very long time.

I feel very lucky to been a part of the wisdom of Guiliano and that she had taken the onerous task of putting together this book which is by no means what most of us would take as a flattering facet of our lives. The time where we get to some degree, fat. Even if it never happens to you, I would still recommend this book to every woman, and advise for you to do the same. The values of savoring life, loving, and doing it with grace are paramount.

I wish I had bought this book instead of picking it up at the library. It has been an absolute joy to read, I have finished poring over it in less than three days. I also feel ashamed that I originally checked out the book with the intent of gloating over its useless claims at weight loss and prejudice. I couldn't be happier to say that I can't wait for a paperback at which juncture I can wear the corners and break the spine. Because this book will age with you. It will entertain, inspire, and instruct.

I hate to be an enigma, but this book is so unique, I cannot pick a single section out as being more important than the rest- it can only be taken as a whole. I will leave with the closing sentence: "Bon courage, bonne chance, and bon appetit". Which I loosely translate to say, have courage, good luck, and enjoy. Which is the main message of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment